Call for applications TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research Academic Year 2022/2023
TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research is Calling Again: Don’t Miss Your Chance!
Faculty of Medicine, Public Health, and Nursing, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) under collaboration with TDR WHO are calling for suitably qualified candidates to apply for full-time postgraduate scholarship programme, with focus on Implementation Research (IR) for the 2022/2023 academic year. This full-time postgraduate programme is fully funded by TDR WHO. If you are from low and middle-income countries of WHO South-East Asia and Western Pacific prepare for yourself and don’t miss any chances.
The courses will be focused on implementation research related to infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases, malaria, TB/HIV and COVID-19. Sneak peek, implementation research is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them, and is particularly useful in low and middle-income countries where many health interventions do not reach those who need them the most. If you still curious, find out more about implementation research on IR Training and IR Toolkit.
This scholarship will be offered in limited number for 2022/2023 academic year in the International Master Programme in Public Health, that leading to MPH degree with 2 years duration of study. All courses will be taught in English. This programme also offers on campus teaching, but depends on regulations related to COVID-19 pandemic, the courses will be adjusted with entirely online delivery. The recipients career will be tracked and ensured through IR Connect, a TDR postgraduate platform which monitors the impact of the programme and provides networking and opportunities to increase visibility for students and alumni.
ARE YOU THE ONE THAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
You should apply, if you are:
- A resident in low or middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank) of WHO South East Asia or West Pacific Region;
- Under 35 years old for the master programme;
- Meet the University requirements for international postgraduate students;
- Meet the academic requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree with a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 3.00 out of 4.
- AcEPT score of at least 268 or TOEFL score of at least 550 or IELTS score of at least 5.5.
- Desk evaluation on undergraduate academic documents.
- Consent to meet health requirements in line with regulations of the Indonesian government and UGM.
The final selection of candidates will be done in conjunction with TDR, considering gender and geographic representation of candidates from the regions.
WHAT WILL YOU GET AFTER SELECTED?
The scholarship covers:
- Return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Yogyakarta, Indonesia (including quarantine cost if necessary);
- Tuition fees and a basic medical and accident insurance;
- Support for research project/thesis expenses, including travel and sustenance during data
- collection in home country;
- Indonesian language course to improve integration in the university’s environment; and
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses equivalent to local living cost.
HOW TO APPLY THIS PROGRAMME?
Kindly finish these 2 steps below to apply TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research.
Step 1. Apply for Master Programme
- International applicants: please log in or sign up at https://admission.ugm.ac.id/ and choose “TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research 2nd Phase” for Master in Public Health. Please send the online form and all documents with good quality to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indonesian applicants: please send the application form and requirements mentioned in um.ugm.ac.id to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write a motivation letter and scholarship application form in English.
Step 2. Complete the TDR postgraduate scholarship application form (attached) and email this form to: email@example.com.
Only completed forms will be further processed.
WHEN IT WILL BE ANNOUCED?
|Call for applications||March 1st, 2022|
|Deadline for applications||April 28th, 2022|
|Announcement of selection result||June, 13th, 2022|
If you are selected, you will receive a letter of offer from Universitas Gadjah Mada and have 3 calendar days to confirm the acceptance after the notification. Faculty of Medicine, Public Health, and Nursing UGM has reserves right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if the provided information has been proven false.
FOUND ANY OBSTACLES?
If you interest on this scheme and found any obstacles, kindly contact Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, UGM, through:
Ms. Yuyun Yohana
The Graduate Programme Office, Faculty of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, UGM Mobile Phone (WhatsApp): +628112544242/ Phone: (+62-274) 560300 ext. 205